free resume builder

Resume Builder

100% free, by Smashing Docs

Step 1

Confirm or change your design choice.

Enter your personal info and contact details.

First impression matters, add a strong resume summary.

Describe your professional experiences.

Share your educational background.

Add your most relevant skills.

Review and download your resume.

  • Design
  • Personal Details
  • Summary / Profile
  • Work History
  • Education
  • Skills
  • Download PDF

Resume Template Selection

If you are unsure about the resume template you selected, you can choose a different one. If you are okay with the current selection, just click next.

Your Personal Information

💡 Start by focusing on the header of your resume. Make it concise and to the point. Include your most reliable contact number. Ensure you use a professional email address, even if it's from a free email service.

If you prefer to leave specific information out of your resume, don't include it.

Email address
Phone number
Website (or social link)

Profile / Professional Summary

💡 The resume summary serves as a snapshot of your overall resume. Keep it impactful and brief. Highlight your key strengths and most valuable skills within two to three concise sentences. Employ the first-person implied style.

Work Experience

💡 Present your professional history in reverse chronological order. Detail your roles and achievements using 3 to 5 bullet points for each position. Employ past tense verbs for previous jobs but present tense for your current role. Ensure your resume shows no more than the last 10 years of your career.
Your Role/Title
Employer Name
Start Date
End Date


💡 You're nearly done! Arrange your academic qualifications from the highest degree to the lowest. Exclude high school details if you have over three years of work experience. If you don't hold a degree, it's not a concern. Include any professional training programs and certifications you've completed, including online courses.
School Name
Start Date
End Date


💡 Go with the 80/20 principle: Dedicate 80% of your skills list to hard skills pertinent to the job you are seeking, and allocate the remaining 20% to soft skills, which reflect your distinctive personal attributes shaped by social interactions and your life experiences.


Perfect! Your resume document is now ready for download.
You can click the back button and review your resume or generate and download it right away.

Don’t refresh this page or your progress won’t be saved.
This web-based resume creator does not gather or retain any information you input. As soon as you close or refresh the browser tab, all the data you've entered will be completely erased.